Monday 30 April 2012

Glossybox: The April Edition.


Having eagerly waited a month, I was so pleased to receive my second Glossybox in the post. If you don't know what 'Glossybox' is, I explained it all here previously.


The April edition is all about natural beauty. With spring in the air, we can't continue to hide under our duvets any more, and we need to start grooming to look our very best. All the products featured in any of the April editions are strictly 'green', ethical goodies. Glossybox don't do things by half measures, and this shows with their beautiful, yet biodegradable, box. After taking the lid off, unwrapping the eco-friendly ribbon and tearing apart the recyclable paper, I rummage through the cardboard confetti to find my long-awaited treats. I am not disappointed. Time to embrace the eco-warrior inside me.



Vinosource SOS Thirst-Quenching Serum 
by Caudalie RRP £29/30ml

Caudalie is an up-and-coming beauty brand from Paris, and as the one of the creators Mathilde Thomas claims, they provide "ultra effective and natural beauty products with refined, luxurious textures inspired by the vine". I'm not really sure what the vine bit is all about, as the colour isn't green, nor is the texture remotely vine-y. Regardless, this serum deeply hydrates the skin by intensely moisturising it, leaving the face and neck with a silky result. I'm not too much of a fan of buying skincare products that aren't called "cleanser", "toner" or "moisturiser".  However, I applied this serum after my usual cleanse and tone routine, and following instructions, used this before moisturising. I found this product so hydrating, and my skin is naturally quite dry, I didn't need to apply my usual moisturiser after.

The serum is extremely light in texture, with an almost water-like feeling, and it sinks in to the skin within seconds, leaving behind no trace. I will definitely continue to use this product, and it's converted my 'posh-named' product ignorance. Caudalie is quite reasonable in price for a high-end, luxury AND eco-friendly range, and I personally think it's worth investing. Perhaps wait for your Birthday/Christmas, be cheeky and ask a family member to buy it for you.

 Certified Organic Eyeliner in 08 Peacock Blue
by Inika Cosmetics RRP £11.75

Australian cosmetics company Inika prides itself on using mineral pigments in its products.I don't tend to wear anything blue remotely near my eyes as it reminds me of seeing my mum's first wedding photos, and to me blue eye make-up resonates with the seventies and 'white russian' fuelled fun. However, despite the colour not being to my taste, the actual quality of the product is phenomenal. The liner glides on the lid so smoothly, is easily blended, and the colour stays vibrant for hours. I usually use liquid eyeliner, as I found most Kohl a little too soft, but I would like to try this eyeliner in a darker shade. For the price too, I think this is a really great product. 

Rambling Rose Lip Balm 
by Figs & Rouge RRP £3.29/8ml

Figs & Rouge create "100% Organic, 100% Pure, 100% Natural skincare products", and this was by far my favourite goodie found in the Glossybox this month. Free from petroleum, the balm is silky smooth, and the smell is insatiable. As the title suggests, it is made with rose oil, but the scent isn't overpowering: it's just right. The cute, vintage inspired tin fits perfectly in any pocket, or any handbag, and will not be leaving my sight any time soon. After reading the small text on the tin, it claims to be a multi-purpose balm, also for use on the face and body. Although, I think the dainty tin would be quickly empty if applied anywhere but the lips. Everything about this is gorgeous, and in a suitable price-range.

Coconut, Indian Jasmine & Aloe Vera body wash 
by Ayuuri Natural RRP £4.95/235g

My bath, is my temple. I go to my bath as a little visit to paradise once a day. Therefore the products in my bathroom are crucially important to me. Coincidentally, my bathroom is currently filled with all things coconutty, so I was really excited to try this body wash.

The Ayuuri Natural skincare range is made from fruit, plant, and flower extracts which have been derived from India, where they were used to amplify the skin's natural beauty.  The body wash contains coconut which is deeply moisturising, rich with nutrients, and protects the skin. The aloe vera cools, clams and soothes the skin, while the Indian Jasmine calms and soothes the mind (supposedly). The product lathers beautifully, and I only had to use a minimal amount. After the first use my skin felt noticeably softer, and although I'm a bit nutty for coconut at the moment, the smell wasn't particularly strong- but this worked in its favour as it made way for the other natural scents to come through and make for a real glorious bath time experience. 

Perfume Oil by Kai RRP £41/3.6ml

Kai believes "beauty lies in the simplest and purest of things." This fragrance was created by Gaye Straza Rappaport, who wanted to capture and recreate the scents of her holidays in Hawaii. The perfume has become somewhat of a 'cult', named by Style Magazine in 2002, with a fan base including stars such as Charlize Theron and Julia Roberts. 

The scent itself relays Kai's simplicity mantra, and encompasses notes of Lily, Jasmine, Gardenia and Tuberose. It releases the sweetness of the florals, while gripping on the delicacy of the recipe. It's a very pure, clean scent, and if you're in to that, I recommend it. I personally prefer more fruity scents, but this is gorgeous for a change. 

If you do sign up for Glossybox, please do put me as your referral as I get special little points everytime someone does this! Not actually sure how its done, but if you need my email it's : bethanrees@live.co.uk.

No comments:

Post a Comment